Ceiling Wallpaper Calculator
How to calculate for your ceiling wallpaper
Do you need to convert feet to metres first? Use our feet to metres converter below.
- Firstly you will need to know the length of the roll of wallpaper, typically a UK single length roll is 10.05 metres, check with the wallpaper supplier.
- You will need to know the width of the roll of wallpaper, this is usually 52 or 53 cm for wallpaper and 56 cm for lining paper, again, check with the wallpaper supplier. So a 52 cm wide paper is 0.52 metres.
- Now measure the length of the room at it's longest part, in metres, allowing some for cutting. Make a note of this figure.
- Finally, measure the width of the room at it's widest part, in metres. Make a note of this figure.
- Now enter all four numbers into the calculator below and press the calculate button for the results.
To see what the wallpaper symbols mean on the rolls of wallpaper or in the wallpaper books, see our wallpaper symbols page.
You may find this blog post on how to wallpaper a ceiling of interest.
If you need to firstly convert feet to metres input you rounded up (e.g. 8 not 7'6) measurement into the feet box below and press the convert button. You can then use the resulting figures in metres in the ceiling wallpaper calculator.
Disclaimer: This calculator should be used as an approximate guide only. Patterned papers may vary the number of rolls required. We can take no responsibility for over or under ordering.
What people are saying about our ceiling wallpaper calculator
“I had worked out roughly how many I needed and it was nice to be able to confirm this” :: “Very good estimator..seems that few other websites allow for ceiling paper amount calculator. very useful...saves a lot of confusion!! ” :: “Very quick and easy” :: “ Fantastic as it's getting more difficult to locate one in the decorating shops” :: “ Very useful” :: “Wonderful”